Saturday 8 November 2008

Super Secret Santa, SEX and FOs

Get ready for a photo-heavy post. I've been gone a while and I have lots to show you. ;0)

I recently took part in a Secret Santa swap on the Crafty Threads n Yarn forum and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My parcel came from Franney and she did some spot-on stalking - I couldn't have chosen better for myself. Thank you Franney! :0)

She sent me a gorgeous project bag in scary Halloween fabric (which she made herself).

In this bag were 2 balls of Louisa Harding Grace - silk/wool mix - in the most gorgeous blue colour which is becoming a scarf as we speak. ;0) I'm knitting the Opera Scarf pattern on 6mm needles. Mine isn't as "open" as theirs but I love how it's knitting up - the sheen on this yarn IRL is amazing and it's very warm too. Ideal for a scarf (plus it matches my new winter coat perfectly).















Now, me and Franney share an interest - we both own pet rats - and so she made me a hammock for my ratties in the same fabric as my project bag. How fab is this?! It's lined with fleece fabric - and my 4 think it's the bee's knees - they're so comfy, I now have to physically remove them for playtime! *LOL*



This isn't the best photo, but I can assure you that this hammock is so well made, and much better than anything I've bought from a shop before.

Be warned Franney - I'll be sending orders your way in the future! ;0)






Just in case you were wondering, the dogs weren't left out either - they received a bag of Pedigree treats but being the big fat greedy pigs they are, they've eaten them already so I don't have a photo to show you! *LOL*

Right, back to me! ;0) I also had the most fabulous pair of mittens - again made by Franney (she's so talented) - to wear when I walk the dogs.


They have a flap on the back so I can whip my fingers out when I need them - how ingenious is that?!

They are very warm - and again match my new winter coat perfectly. :0)















Also in my parcel was this fab "knitted" mug - way cool! and I've wanted one for ages - some shortbread biscuits and some Green and Black's spicy chocolate, which unfortunately didn't last long but was absolutely delicious. :0)

Franney also sent me some buttons to match the yarn, a Ravelry badge and some stitchmarkers. Once again, thank you Franney - it was a wonderful swap!










I went to Get Knitted in Bristol today for a course on Professional Finishing with Debbie Abrahams. However, when I arrived at 10.05 a.m., I was told that the course had been cancelled because Debbie was ill and I should have had a phone call to let me know. Obviously I hadn't *rolls eyes*. But the day was not a complete waste of time because GK offered me 20% on any purchases I made to make up for any inconvenience. I wanted to buy some Knit Picks Harmony needle tips anyway and a "few" other things just happened to fall into my basket while I was there. *LOL* ;0)

I got some Mirasol 'Hacho' to make this pattern (Hawaii)












some Manos del Uruguay silk blend (luscious!) to make Hibiscus















and a ball of Sublime extra fine merino wool DK to finish of a pair of Corazon mittens for a Christmas present















and some needle tips, patterns etc. - "just because" - *LOL*
















Now, just so you don't think I haven't been doing anything at all while I haven't been blogging, here are a couple of FOs - ;0)

my 3rd pair of Corazons - again for a Christmas present

I LOVE this pattern. :0)

It takes me about 6 hours to knit a pair of mittens and people think you've sweated blood making them! *LOL*






Finally, I made my son this scarf - from Morehouse Farm Merino - I still need to add some "smoke" coming from his nostrils but it's 99% done -



I'm Welsh, need I say more? ;0)







28 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Your pressie from Franney was lovely. I love that pic of your rats in their bed. Wonder if I put a hammock in the garden the rats will stop harassing the chicks and just mellow out in it all day?

The dragon is FAB!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, so many pretty things to look at. Lovely knits--and six hours for a pair of stranded mittens! I must be an exceptionally slow knitter.

Love the dragon scarf. =D And your rats.

gilraen said...

A fabulous parcel!!!!! Franney is so talented!!

What gorgeous S.E.X.!!! I'm glad you got compensated so nicely!! :)

fran said...

I'm really pleased you like your swap parcel and i just love the rattie pose, he's definitely saying "no" to coming out!! hehehe

I'm halfway through a dragon scarf myself, i've two to do for my friend's boys. She's Welsh and they are very proud of their heritage and they LOVE anything dragon-y too, i'm hoping they will love having their own pet dragon to wrap up warm in :oD
If mine looks half as good as yours Linda i will be well chuffed! :o)

HaveFaith said...

The Hawaii vest pattern is terrific. I would love to see the vest when completed. Your choice of yarn is perfect. Where can that pattern be found?

Linda said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments. :0)

The Hawaii vest pattern is available at Get Knitted in Bristol or you can find your nearest stockist by going to www.artesanoyarns.co.uk or calling 0118 950 3350.

I started knitting it last night, even though I've already got 2 cardigans on the go. Still, it shouldn't take long to knit. I love the way the yarn is knitting up and the colours are gorgeous.
:0)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you made eyes! What did you use for the eyes? I made a moorehousefarms alligator and gave it button eyes that I used a sharpie black marker on to make pupils. (sunshinekim on ravelry), a friend just knit the same pattern and made crochet eyes and it is adorable. I think the eyes just make the patterns come alive. So cute!!! You should be proud.

Linda said...

Thanks! I bought some toy safety eyes from my LYS. They do have a small shaft poking out the back but I've covered that with a garter stitch square so it doesn't catch on anything. They cost 50p each if I remember rightly.

Anonymous said...

pc optimizer pro -
perfect uninstaller -
pergola plans -
pick the gender of your bady -
plr ebook club -
pregnancy without pounds -
profit lance -
publicrecordspro -
public records pro -
questions for couples -
quit smoking today -
ready made review sites -
reg genie -
registry easy -
registry easy download -
registry winner -
registry winner download -
retrievea lover -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket italian -
rocket spanish -
roulette sniper -
rss ground -
secret affiliate weapon -
secrets book -
spam bully -
spyware cease -
spyware nuker -
spyware remover -
spy zooka -
starting a day care center -
tattoo fever -
team idemise -

Anonymous said...

ambien online without rx ambien side effects webmd - ambien cost

Anonymous said...

generic diazepam online diazepam generic drug - diazepam online order

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam buy online no prescription - can get high diazepam

Anonymous said...

order zolpidem zolpidem tartrate or zolpidem - buy zolpidem 10mg tablets

Anonymous said...

order xanax no prescription xanax 10 panel drug test - xanax makes my anxiety worse

Anonymous said...

alprazolam xanax side effects headache - alprazolam 0 5mg ms

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription lorazepam 1mg 50 comprimidos - buy lorazepam drug

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam generic valium 5mg diazepam for dogs - valium diazepam effets

Anonymous said...

xanax online generic xanax xr - long does xanax drug test

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan yellow pill - ativan ep 905

Anonymous said...

alprazolam mg xanax and alcohol brain damage - whats street value 1mg xanax

Anonymous said...

order ativan online can u overdose ativan - ativan overdose in elderly

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien side effects erectile - buy brand ambien online

Anonymous said...

valium online pharmacy what high does valium give you - buy valium online from canada

Anonymous said...

buy valium online buy valium legally - valium 5mg image

Anonymous said...

ambien pharmacy ambien online from canada - ambien side effects in women

Anonymous said...

soma medication carisoprodol 350 mg soma - soma carisoprodol wiki

Anonymous said...

diazepam without prescription 5mg valium and beer - valium 5mg diazepam

Anonymous said...

valium medication valium pill types - can you buy valium egypt